SMALL FLASH

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sex and the City


Many seasons, four ladies, one city - and a lot of sex.


I watched the final episode last night. The show that made Manolos a must. It was as if I developed a love affair with Sex and the City over the years. I always thought that Sex and the City has taught me that, being single in a big city and being single full stop is an OK thing to do when you are in your 30s. And I was hoping the end to be Carrie, sat at a cafe single, still questioning men & women, the future, and Sex and the City, but being OK with being single, and showing that it doesn't detract from being a woman. Idealistic but sweet.


But there's Carrie. After pining for her friends and the New York skylines and realizing that she would never be a priority in Alexander's life, she leaves the Russian and then it happened. Whilst checking out of the Parisian hotel, she finds herself face to face with Big. Over a bridge is moon-lit Paris and Carrie gets her Big?? Big has done nothing but toy with Carrie's emotions and cause her heartbreak. Everytime she is happy, he worms his way back in. After six years of showing women and men that true acceptance must come from yourself and not from your significant other, seeing Carrie running back to Big is rubbish. Afterall, she wasn't all that independent. This episode was everything I needed to say goodbye to my four imaginary friends.


"Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me." Shame on you Carrie

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home