SMALL FLASH

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Father


I was very young when my father passed away. Whoever said that a girl's first love is her father, forgot to put him/herself in a guy's shoes and realize that a guy's first love is his father too-the man he adores, cherishes and trusts more than any other person on the entire planet. Dad was there for me through thick and thin, through all the things that boys go through, and all those terrible times when you're a teenager and "life just is so unfair!".lol.

I remember the times he would fly me around and around. He would always loose to me in any competition, wheather it be drinking milk, or eating our oatmeal, or racing in my backyard because I had to be the First, always. He taught me that I am the best in this whole white world and there's none better than me. I grew up believing that. He brought happiness and smile on everyone's face each evening he would return home from office. He looked like a hunk from the 'Gone With The Wind'. I remember one morning when dad and I were out in our driveway, we were just doing everyday, ordinary things. Somewhere out of the blue, I said, " Dad, when I have a baby, would you like to be the first to hold it?" I'm sure he must have been thinking," Wow, doesn't he know he would be the first to hold his baby?" But instead of saying this to me, he looked me straight in the eyes and with a smile on his face he said," Well, sure!". I still remember the feeling I got when he said that.

My Dad saw me through the most difficult times of my life, including the deaths of several people who meant the world to me. I watched as the loss of my Grandfather, Dad's father, broke his heart. I knew at that moment, that a parent's love and their very life is more precious than words can possibly express. And I was going to make sure that my relationship with my father continued to be very special.


My Dad passed away suddenly, without warning. Not only did it shatter my world, but it forever affected the lives of my small family. It was like someone had forcibly ripped our hearts out. The day I said goodbye to my Dad will forever be emblazoned in my mind and in my heart. Seeing him there, looking so peaceful and healthy, even in death, made me realize something: that no matter where I am, no matter what my life brings, I know that he is right there with me. All I have to do is recall those blessed snippets of memories - like asking my Dad if he would be the first to hold my baby, or having arm wrestling that I knew he let me win, or the time he calmly helped me through a bad dream, and he gently helped me to overcome the losses of my dear one's when they were taken from this earth too soon.


But like me, you too can find comfort in knowing that you and your loved one are still alive to each other. All you have to do is look into your heart, feel that special, never-ending love..knowing they still adore you, still cherish you - from the loving arms of God. Please take comfort in that, always.


I love you, and miss you, Dad...my dearest Papa. And you know what? I know in my heart that you will still be there to 'hold' my babies, one day.

11 Comments:

  • Wherever he is, am sure he's happy to see you happy ... such little moments in life spent with your loved ones touch your heart forever ...

    May God Bless his soul ...

    Thanks for dropping by my blog ... though the saddist post would have made you feel worse ..

    By Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ, At 12:12 PM  

  • Aww!
    Hey...am sorry to hear this!
    But u know what am sure hes read this and is satisfied that although he might not be with u physically today ..he left behind a strong and beautiful person who can take care of himself and conquer this world on his own!

    By Blogger Ekta, At 7:47 PM  

  • very touching
    do you have kids ?

    By Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!!, At 10:01 PM  

  • Stud ur dad too? oh no...so many of my friends here has lost their dads way too young...m000nie, st000nie, Acrimonious, Janice and myself too...and now u.


    Im so sorry to hear of ur loss...a mighty loss. I know wut ur talking abt cos my dad too had to leave us when I was 16..he was 44. It's a huge blow to the family. I will never forget that day either.

    All these years I have been living without him...but it seems like he's with me too...spiritually I guess. Cos some voice in me keeps saying U CAN DO IT...I never heard that voice b4 his death.

    tc...Im sure ur dad is in u too...u r part of him and will always be.

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, At 10:36 PM  

  • hey man,am sure he is in a much better place,looking over ya,god bless!

    By Blogger Raj, At 10:46 PM  

  • heyyyyyyy

    dat was a real tear jerker u jerk
    didnt expect a man to write such a post

    i was dad's favourite boy
    and it gott me

    this post of yours is way too heavy
    u shud have carried a warning at the top

    By Blogger Jim, At 6:18 AM  

  • Cheesy: May God bless you with quintuplets:)

    ekta : lai hou, sou chaie?

    ajay: lol no, I dont have kids, am single

    Keshi: Indeed, am a part of him but life moves on, perhaps it's time to be a part of somebody's soul:)

    raj: ever climed those chimneys?

    saby: how are you doing? been a while I have had seen your quirky face:)

    By Blogger Stud, At 11:07 AM  

  • why soul?

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, At 6:11 PM  

  • yup,have climbed them alrite!it's in the list of my not so favorite things to do :)

    By Blogger Raj, At 10:16 PM  

  • wonderful post, stud. i feel that too

    By Blogger Die Muräne, At 1:31 AM  

  • Wish i had a dad like yours !!

    Wish i could take away 20 some yrs from my dads and gave it to ur papa.....!!! hmmm....death comes like a blindin flash...what a cryin shame ! I can't stand to see you missin him so much !!

    Life's paradox is maddening at times...God sure has his reasons, sometimes its too hard to see them...

    Well he is ur guardian angel now and watches you and your family all the time. I believe in angels and well angels don't lie ...he is there in spirit !!!

    May his good soul rest in peace forever !

    GOODLUCK & PEACE :)

    By Blogger BlueByrd, At 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home