SMALL FLASH

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

For love or money


Love is wonderful…but love and money is much better in a real world. Though, I will not consider being with someone just for the dough! I am definitely not looking for a free ride but one thing's for sure - a successful career of a romantic partner is right up there on the top of my dating criteria. I don't want the struggles involved with someone who isn't pulling in the bucks when life gets going with kids and mortgage and remodelling. The fact is I may probably be discounting a lot of potentially wonderful, very compatible partners just because they don't have jobs or have no motivation to get one. Sure, money might make life a bit cushier but it certainly doesn't buy happiness - it won't make up for the misery of being with someone you couldn't care less about as a person.

While I would likely choose true love over big bucks, I do have certain limits. I hope that the one I fall for has ambition and makes decent moolah. I know that the most important thing in a relationship is the person's personality (and, ok, maybe looks), not their bank account, and I'm not about to pass up the opportunity to date wonderful people just because they haven't hit the jackpot. Having said that, I would still want them to know the pain of a hard earned dollar. All I want is someone who reasonably tries to get ahead in life. My motto could be "love conquers most things". However, I'm realistic enough to know that poverty is not anyone's cup of tea, but also idealistic enough to believe in the power of real love.

6 Comments:

  • i guess it depends frm person to person....but i am sure today more n more ppl are looking for a working partner.....besides the money i think when ur abroad it makes sense for the wife to be working too.....otherwise it cud be pretty boring sitting alone at home......

    i read ur previous post too....sorry to learn abt ur dad......tccc

    By Blogger Jackal, At 12:59 PM  

  • I understand u Stud and I think ur being sensible here...not money hungry or anything. I mean even I dun want to be married to a man who doesnt work...not so much for the money but also for beiing hard-working and having set goals in life. Otherwise it becomes pointless.

    Ur spot on mate.

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, At 6:14 PM  

  • Yup i guess all of us in a way are looking out for that independent,today's day and age woman :)

    By Blogger Raj, At 10:15 PM  

  • hey stud,
    completely agree with u on that!..and nothing wrong in wanting a earning partner who can share the burden with you so that both your lives are easier!
    In fact most men want that today!
    and what u said is important--unless u earn the money yourself u dont realise its worth!

    By Blogger Ekta, At 12:30 AM  

  • I think 50-50 should work, what do you say....thanks for dropping by stud, hope to see you around :)

    By Blogger Tarun, At 8:22 PM  

  • Jackal:

    "i guess it depends frm person to person"

    I hear you. Most indian men still bleive in their wives carrying a tray bringing them tea early morning:)

    "besides the money i think when ur abroad it makes sense for the wife to be working too"

    why only abroad?

    Keshi:

    stud me up, matey. Cristian Dior me:)

    raj:

    "independent,today's day and age woman "

    Dont forget that she still keep the culture alive in her:)

    ekta:

    You are such a balanced, mature and a sweet darling.

    Tarun:

    50-50 has many definitions, not necessarily fits everyone's bill:)

    By Blogger Stud, At 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home