SMALL FLASH

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

flyin' high...


This was not the first time that I found myself flying. Yes, literally flying like a bird. Sans wings, of course. Like simply floating in the air at will. High up there, looking down upon all that goes on below- on terra firma. I don’t remember when it was that I first had that kind of experience in flying- whether it was before or after I was introduced to the kanpuria:) For those of you who haven’t heard of her, let me give you a brief introduction. She wrote a series email letters shaking my literary world with her articulate liners that are extremely interesting, not to speak of being intriguing. Her style is engaging, fluent-flowing and she is eminently readable.

Now, back to my own flying experiences- albeit in slumber. For God knows how many times, I have often woken up in the morning with vivid pictures of the last dream in the sleeping state. Those were sweet sensations of having been able to do something that none of my friends or kin has ever done. I would gently rise above the ground, skirt the overhead telephone and electric wires, take the horizontal position (just like in swimming) and see all that is going on below. It is not as if I was doing it in a vacuum, or in isolation. On such occasions, all those below, those who knew me for long and also the strangers, would first look up with open-mouthed wonder. In later episodes, crowds would follow and run after me from the ground (upto a point, of course- until I go further and further up, on my way to some distant land where she stands with her arms open to embrace me).

But my experiences of late are quite different. They are fantastic, beyond my wildest dreams as they are! I often have a late night,…almost slumped on the computer with sleep the previous midnight. When I woke up in the morning rather late, the first picture that came in front of the mind’s eye was of what happened a few minutes earlier. This time, I found myself way above the clouds, virtually in the stratosphere making love to her:) The experience was indescribable. ‘Thrilling’ would be a joke of a word for it. It was serene, so calm, so mellow and joy-filling with an out-of-the-world blue color pervading all around. There were no distractions, no blaring horns, no ring tones of cell phones, no soccer fans baying for blood. It was no sepulchral silence either. As I said earlier, it was just indescribable:)

1 Comments:

  • I once kept a pen and paper beside my bed to record my dreams. The terror of losing those fantastic images is so cruel. IT'S SO REAL!!!

    Now there is a small office clerk in the subconscious stock room who feverishly starts shredding my dreams when I begin to stir.
    I have burst in on him many times and caught him redhanded.

    He always dives out the 89th floor window to escape my wrath and yet returns unharmed next dream.

    If I ever catch you, you little bastard, I'm gonna shred YOU!!!

    By Blogger Romeo Morningwood, At 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home